YAPI has a number of potential notifications that can appear on the screen to notify practice staff. These notifications can be used to actively keep staff up to date to potential changes with the patient check-in process and assist with streamlining the daily flow of patients.
The following article will show how to enable or disable alerts that would populate on the YAPI Dashboard when a patient checks in.
- To access Check-In Alerts, open the YAPi Dashboard.
- Click the Setup and Manage icon at the top of the YAPI Dashboard and click the Global Setup option from the dropdown.
- When prompted for a password, the password by default should be set as "password" all lower case.
- Within the Global Setup window, click on the Options tab. The Alerts section will be on the left-hand side in light orange.
The following options can be checked off at any time and will affect how all workstations will receive notifications.
- New/cancelled appointment - This option will allow for newly created and deleted appointments to populate as a notification at the corner of the screen by default.
- Patient arrived - This option will allow for alerts to appear for patients checked-in via the Practice Management Software or through Today's Schedule within YAPI.
- Early and Late times - This option will alert the office whether a patient has arrived early or late to their appointment. The fields are initially set to 30 minutes prior and 10 minutes later but can be adjusted better fit the office's preferences.
- No show - This options will alert the office whether a patient the patient failed to come to their appointment.
- Exclude providers - This feature allows patients assigned to a certain provider to not trigger the alerts on YAPI. This can be adjusted by clicking the Right Arrow button next to the provider field.
- Patient ready status change - This option will alert the office that the patient is set to the ready status and can be moved to an operatory.
After adjusting which options to appear in YAPI, click the Save button on the bottom right corner of the window, then restart YAPI on the workstation to apply the changes.